Stunning landscapes completed in months and years

Mr Wouter Van Buuren, a Dutch photographer, has spent seven years creating his stunning collection of images - with each individual portrait taking between two months and two years to complete.He scales 70m-high electricity pylons, cranes, bridges and even skyscrapers in a bid to take the vertigo-inducing snaps.He then spends months arranging the photographs to make up one huge landscape - giving the effect of looking down on the whole world.

Mr Van Buuren said: 'I started to make the "total landscapes" in the Netherlands when I was climbing in electricity pylons. I was stunned by the beauty of the landscape I thought I knew so well.When I looked at the landscape from above, the mundane seemed more divine, so I decided to look around for what else I could take images from - and started climbing cranes, bridges and buildings and other countries all over the world'.

Image taken in Hoogvliet in the Netherlands

Image taken in New York


360 degree photography
Image taken in Nanjing, China

360 degree photography netherlands
Image taken in Almere, the Netherlands

360 degree photography shanghai
Image taken in Shanghai
Tags: ,

About author

Curabitur at est vel odio aliquam fermentum in vel tortor. Aliquam eget laoreet metus. Quisque auctor dolor fermentum nisi imperdiet vel placerat purus convallis.